Swim/Dive Team Registration
Hello RFD Families! Please see below a message from swim reps Jeff and Gretchen Brown:
I am resending my previous email to poke you about registering for the 2023 Swim and Dive season. If you have already registered, THANK YOU!
Registration will close on May 15 so that we can get everything ready and on order to start our season with the first practice on May 30 (June 19 for Little Rats). Please see the information below, and reach out to us if you have any questions!
We are still looking for some key roles to be filled this summer. We need people to step up as Referees and Team Rep(s) for the 2025 season. Training for Referees are posted on the NVSL website here. Training for Team Rep will be with yours truly. Please send us a message with your interest – and remember, this is a full community sport and we need volunteers in order for your kids to have the best summer ever!
Looking forward to seeing you on deck VERY soon.
Previous email below:
Hello Water Rat Families! The 2023 Rutherford Water Rat season is quickly approaching, and we are very excited to get back in the swim (or dive) of things! A few quick announcements:
- Registration for the 2023 season is OPEN! Please click here to visit our website, check out the schedule (so far), refresh your memory on all of the logistics, and sign up for swim and dive! The site will continually be updated as the season draws near, and of course during the season. So bookmark the site while you’re there! Please note: registration will be done completely online, and invoices for registration fees (and fan gear!) will be emailed out.
- Some familiar faces, and some new ones too, will be working with the kids this year: Gabe Rupar will be returning as Head Coach of the Swim Team; Julia Wade and Heather Calderon will return as Dive Coaches; and Caitlin Deer will return as Little Rats Coordinator. Head over to the Coaches page on the website to check out bios of the rest of the coaching staff.
- The Water Rats will be swimming in division 15 this year, and diving in division 8. Check out the calendar on the website to see who (and when) our competition is.
- Mark your calendars for Picture Morning and Pancake Breakfast on June 23 (here’s to saving our kid’s eyes from the blinding afternoon sun)!
- We are getting new team suits, and Suit Up is ready for us. Information about online or in person ordering is on the website.
- Swim and Dive practices begin May 30; Little Rat practices begin June 19.
- If you have new friends and neighbors to the community who may be interested in joining the team, please pass on our website address.
- We need SEVERAL key positions filled that that will require training. Be on the lookout for a separate message detailing how and where we need you.
That’s it for now! We are really looking forward to another fun-filled summer of swim and dive. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. And get those email inboxes ready – it has begun!
Jeff & Gretchen